IRQL not less or equal when changing volume of headphones

Anonym
2024-11-04T11:12:42+00:00

Hello Microsoft, I am asking this question as I have a problem, whenever I connect headphones to my computer. I have both over-ear headsets I connect via "standard usb" and then "smaller headsets" I connect via "USB type C". I have Windows 11 with all the "latest updates" installed.

The problem happens when I change the volume of the headset/headphones in Windows. It happens randomly. I can change the volume 8 times where nothing happens, and then suddenly I change the volume the sound stops working, I have to disconnect and connect the headphones to get the sound to work again.

And now the problem has even extended itself. Now sometimes randomly when I change the volume of the headset/headphones, the sound will "buzzz" extremely loud, and after 5 seconds i get a blue screen with the message: "IRQL not less or equal". This ONLY happens when changing the volume of connected headphones to the pc, and I don't know what to do. I can listen to music for 5 hours, and then change the volume in a third-party software like Spotify or YouTube where "nothing" happens.

It only happens when changing the volume by using Windows.

Best Regards

Mathias T.

Windows til hjemmet | Windows 11 | Ydeevne og systemfejl

Låst spørgsmål. Dette spørgsmål blev migreret fra Microsoft Support-community'et. Du kan stemme om, hvorvidt det er nyttigt, men du kan ikke tilføje kommentarer eller svar eller følge spørgsmålet.

0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

11 svar

Sortér efter: Meget nyttig
  1. Anonym
    2024-11-16T13:15:44+00:00

    It seems to work now, however i will avoid the Realtek drivers.

    I think the "Chipset drivers" did the thing.

    I also had another problem, when each time i unplugged the laptop from power, the sound would buzz and lagg a lot for 1 second, when switching to battery mode, and this is also gone now.

    Best Regards

    Mathias

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer