Cookies / localstorage automatically deleted on Iphone version of edge

Anonym
2023-02-13T12:09:49+00:00

We have a problem specificly on our work Iphones where the edge browser will clear cookies and localstorage after closing and opening the edge app.

As a detail it doesn't delete httpOnly cookies but all other cookies and localstorage values.

It seems like it only happens on our work Iphones (Iphone 13) and not on other private Ihpones (Iphone 10).

We have tested it with multiple websites and also across multiple devices and browsers, and we only found the problem with Edge on Iphone.

From my understanding it is not possible from a user to even clear the localstorage in the mobile version of edge.

Is it a edge problem? or a problem with the iOS image on the phones, and if so how to change it.

Microsoft Edge | Åbn browseren | iOS

Låst spørgsmål. Dette spørgsmål blev migreret fra Microsoft Support-community'et. Du kan stemme om, hvorvidt det er nyttigt, men du kan ikke tilføje kommentarer eller svar eller følge spørgsmålet.

0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

3 svar

Sortér efter: Meget nyttig
  1. Anonym
    2023-02-14T13:51:44+00:00

    Dear Benjamin,yes, the steps were exactly so that Edge does not delete data and cookies when it closes, I'm sorry it didn't work;

    Try resetting account sync on devices experiencing this issue.

    Open Edge and access Settings (Clicking on the three dots at the bottom of the screen);

    Click on your profile account;

    Click Synchronize;

    Click Reset;

    Check if Edge still deletes data and cookies when closed;

    See you soon!

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer
  2. Anonym
    2023-02-14T09:02:30+00:00

    The solution does not work, I also think you are misinterpriting my question. I do not want Edge to automaticly delete my cookies and site data when the app closes. I want my local data to persist between app sessions.

    Further more, what is Abrao Edge, I can't find any references to that name.

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer
  3. Anonym
    2023-02-13T13:49:42+00:00

    Hello Benjamin, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;

    I understand that closing Edge deletes cookies on the iPhone;

    Initially I suggest you try the following;

    Abrao Edge on Iphone 13;

    Click on the three dots at the bottom of the screen and access Settings;

    Click Privacy and Security;

    Click on Clear Browsing Data;

    Disable Cookies and other site data;

    Click OK;

    Check that Edge still clears cookies each time it is closed;

    Hope this helps, see you soon!

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer