Microsoft Teams Free – recurring meetings cannot be deleted (“Event cannot be found / may have been deleted”)

Kristýna Nešporová 0 Reputační body
2026-10-07T13:41:02.37+00:00

I am using Microsoft Teams Free with a personal Microsoft account that I sign into using my phone number.

My Teams calendar contains several old recurring meetings that I no longer need, but I cannot delete or edit them.

When I try to cancel either a single occurrence or the entire recurring series, Teams reports that the event cannot be found / may have been deleted. When I try to edit the meeting, it does not load properly either.

The problem occurs in BOTH:

  • the Microsoft Teams desktop application

Microsoft Teams in a web browser

The old meetings are still visible in the calendar in both versions.

I have already tried:

restarting Teams and my computer

updating the Teams desktop application

using Teams on the web

cancelling a single occurrence

cancelling the entire recurring series

trying to edit the meetings

None of these steps helped.

I have now created a new recurring schedule, which works correctly. However, the old undeletable meetings are still displayed alongside the new schedule, making my calendar extremely cluttered and difficult to use.

I do not normally use Outlook. When I tried to access Outlook Calendar with this Microsoft account, Microsoft asked me to create a new Outlook.com email address/alias because the account is currently based on my phone number. I do not want to create an Outlook.com address simply to resolve this issue.

It appears that these may be orphaned or “ghost” recurring calendar events: Teams displays them, but cannot find the underlying event when I try to edit or cancel them.

How can I permanently remove these old recurring meetings from my Teams Free calendar? Is there a way to repair or remove these calendar entries at the account/server level?

Thank you.I am using Microsoft Teams Free with a personal Microsoft account that I sign into using my phone number.

My Teams calendar contains several old recurring meetings that I no longer need, but I cannot delete or edit them.

When I try to cancel either a single occurrence or the entire recurring series, Teams reports that the event cannot be found / may have been deleted. When I try to edit the meeting, it does not load properly either.

The problem occurs in BOTH:

the Microsoft Teams desktop application

Microsoft Teams in a web browser

The old meetings are still visible in the calendar in both versions.

I have already tried:

restarting Teams and my computer

updating the Teams desktop application

using Teams on the web

cancelling a single occurrence

cancelling the entire recurring series

trying to edit the meetings

None of these steps helped.

I have now created a new recurring schedule, which works correctly. However, the old undeletable meetings are still displayed alongside the new schedule, making my calendar extremely cluttered and difficult to use.

I do not normally use Outlook. When I tried to access Outlook Calendar with this Microsoft account, Microsoft asked me to create a new Outlook.com email address/alias because the account is currently based on my phone number. I do not want to create an Outlook.com address simply to resolve this issue.

It appears that these may be orphaned or “ghost” recurring calendar events: Teams displays them, but cannot find the underlying event when I try to edit or cancel them.

How can I permanently remove these old recurring meetings from my Teams Free calendar? Is there a way to repair or remove these calendar entries at the account/server level?

Thank you

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams zdarma | Calendar
Počet komentářů: 0 Žádné komentáře

1 odpověď

Seřadit podle: Nejužitečnější
  1. Miroslav Pragl 78,941 Reputační body Dobrovolný moderátor
    2026-10-07T15:42:48.72+00:00

    Ahoj Kristyno,

    Mit Microsoft ucet bez funkcniho (typicky @outlook.com) mailu je samozrejme mozne, ale ma spoustu omezeni. To uz vidis.

    Pokud jen trochu muzes, dokonci nastaveni MS uctu a pak odstran udalosti napr. ve Webovem Outlooku ( https://outlook.live.com/calendar/ )

    MP

    Byla tato odpověď užitečná?

    Počet osob, které tuto odpověď považovaly za užitečnou: 1.
    Počet komentářů: 0 Žádné komentáře

Vaše odpověď

Odpovědi můžou být autorem otázky označeny jako „Přijaté“ a moderátory jako „Doporučené“, což uživatelům pomůže zjistit, že odpověď vyřešila problém autora.