Locked out myself from Microsoft Office 365 tenant after bad MFA migration

Vasekos 0 Reputační body
2026-09-25T13:33:10.25+00:00

Hello,

After a migration to another device I locked myself out as only Global Administrator from Microsoft Office 365 admin console due to the bad MFA (Approve a request on my Microsoft Authenticator app or Use a verification code as a valid option for login). I tried to contact the support here over the phone number https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ but every single time I get to the part when the AI bot ask me about the domain where the lock down happened the bot automatically hangs up on me. Tried from 2 different numbers same behaviour. Does not matter even if I do it in my native language or in English the behaviour is also same. And obviously I cannot login in to use the support from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus for business accounts as I need to signed in which I cannot do.

How else can I get to the support because I laterality cannot find an other way to do that when I cannot log it to reach the support in the first place.

Thank you.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams pro firmy | Registrace a přihlášení | Jiné
Počet komentářů: 0 Žádné komentáře

Odpovědi: 2

Seřadit podle: Nejužitečnější
  1. Miroslav Pragl 78,776 Reputační body Dobrovolný moderátor
    2026-09-25T15:30:21.5533333+00:00

    Ahoj Vasku,

    nemas 2. admin ucet :-O ?

    Toto je velmi spatne (jak jsi bolestive zjistil), na druhou stranu je to presne ten scenar, kdy ti muze / musi pomoci jen a pouze MS podpora. Obrat se na ni!

    MP

    Byla tato odpověď užitečná?


  2. Demi Nguyen 2,410 Reputační body Nezávislý poradce
    2026-09-25T14:13:47.2966667+00:00

    I noticed that you posted your question in English, so I’ll continue communicating in English for clarity. However, if you would prefer to switch to Czech, please feel free to let me know, and I’ll be happy to accommodate. Images I provide will also be displayed in English due to the testing environment we use. Thank you for your understanding. 

    Hello Vasekos,

    Thank you for explaining the difficulties you have experienced when calling Microsoft Support.

    If the phone system continues to disconnect the call before you can reach an agent, one possible workaround is to create a temporary Microsoft 365 trial tenant. This provides a separate administrator account that you can use to access the Microsoft 365 admin center and try to submit a support request.

    You can register for a new Microsoft 365 tenant by signing up for a trial subscription here: Microsoft 365 Business Plans and Pricing | Microsoft 365    

    Obrázek uživateleObrázek uživatele

    Once the new tenant is created, you can access the admin center and submit a support ticket from there, requesting to speak with the Data Protection Team on behalf of your original tenant. 

    When opening a support ticket, please make sure the Support Assistant (AI) in the Help panel is turned Off. Several customers have reported that the Contact Support option may not appear while the Support Assistant is enabled. Once the AI assistant is turned off, you should be able to enter a description of the issue and the Contact Support option will appear, allowing you to submit a ticket directly to Microsoft Support. 

    Microsoft 365 admin center 0 Search Contoso D 8. Add a user A Multi-factor authentication Refresh Delete user € X Self Help Contact Support Support History Marketplace Display name ™ Username 2 Support Assistant Off Billing Support How can we help? turn of Sp Assistance < Help & support 1 View service requests Tell us your problem so we can get you the right help and support. Customer Lockbox Requests Microsoft Surface support get help Settings 1 8/140 3 X Get Help Domains Search & intelligence Org settings Al-generated content ® Microsoft 365 Backup To get help for your Microsoft 365 for business subscription Integrated apps as an admin, you can use online or phone support options Viva available in the Microsoft 365 admin center. Here is a high- level overview and step-by-step instructions: Partner relationships 1. Access the Microsoft 365 admin center at Microsoft Edge https://admin.cloud.microsoft. You must be an admin Setup to access support features. [1] 2. On the bottom right side of the page, select Help & Reports > Contact support 4 Legal | Privacy

    Important notes:     

    • This new trial tenant will not give you access to any of the data or settings in your original locked tenant. It is solely a temporary means to contact Microsoft support.    
    • The resolution time might be longer as you are contacting support from a different tenant.    
    • Remember to cancel the trial subscription for the new tenant once your issue with the original account is resolved to avoid any unintended charges: Cancel your Microsoft business subscription in the Microsoft 365 admin center | Microsoft Learn

    I hope the information provided helps guide you in the right direction. Although I’m unable to take direct action, I sincerely hope that the steps and recommendations I’ve shared can support you through the process.  

    Kind regards, 

    Byla tato odpověď užitečná?


Vaše odpověď

Odpovědi můžou být autorem otázky označeny jako „Přijaté“ a moderátory jako „Doporučené“, což uživatelům pomůže zjistit, že odpověď vyřešila problém autora.