Windows Spotlight stuck — same picture for several days (Windows 10 22H2)

Michal Svozil 20 Reputační body
2025-10-13T19:06:03.87+00:00

Hi, Windows Spotlight on my lock screen completely stopped working a few days ago. It’s stuck showing the same lake image between the rocks and never changes anymore.

I’ve searched the entire internet and tried absolutely everything I could find, including:

  • Resetting Spotlight in Settings → Personalization → Lock screen
  • Re-registering Spotlight using PowerShell
  • Deleting the contents of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets
  • Deleting or resetting the Settings and Roaming.lock files
  • Checking all relevant registry entries under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager
  • The value RotatingLockScreenEnabled was initially 0, I changed it to 1

Despite all of this, Spotlight still doesn’t download or rotate new images. I’m on Windows 10 22H2, fully updated.

Is there anything else that could fix this issue — or is it a known bug in recent builds?

Thanks in advance for any help — I’ve genuinely tried every fix available online, and nothing has worked.

Regards, michal

Windows pro domácnosti | Windows 10 | Aplikace

Odpovědi: 3

Seřadit podle: Nejužitečnější
  1. Miroslav Pragl 78,776 Reputační body Dobrovolný moderátor
    2025-10-14T06:16:17.4666667+00:00

    Jen pro jistotu: windows je cista instalce, nebo predinstalovane vyrobcem pocitace? Neni to ASUS?

    MP

    Byla tato odpověď užitečná?


  2. Miroslav Pragl 78,776 Reputační body Dobrovolný moderátor
    2025-10-14T05:07:38.14+00:00

    Mysleno: vypni vsechny ne-MS sluzby, otestuj, vrat (msconfig.exe)

    MP

    Byla tato odpověď užitečná?


  3. Miroslav Pragl 78,776 Reputační body Dobrovolný moderátor
    2025-10-13T19:21:35.98+00:00

    Ahoj Michale,

    deje se i po cistem spusteni Windows?

    MP

    Byla tato odpověď užitečná?


Vaše odpověď

Odpovědi můžou být autorem otázky označeny jako „Přijaté“ a moderátory jako „Doporučené“, což uživatelům pomůže zjistit, že odpověď vyřešila problém autora.