How to make AFD Premium Private Link work with Container Apps internal ingress?

Bohumil Čermák 0 Reputační body
2025-08-30T15:46:26+00:00

I have Azure Front Door Premium connected via Private Link to Container Apps Environment,

but I'm getting "Error 404 - This Container App is stopped or does not exist".

Setup:

  • Container Apps Environment: internal-only configuration in West Europe
    • Container Apps: 3 apps with internal ingress (all Running)
    • AFD Premium: configured with Private Link enabled origins
    • Private Link: Approved status
    • Origins: configured with internal Container Apps URLs
    • Custom domains: configured and validated (www, api, admin subdomains)
    What I'm trying to achieve:
  • Frontend and API should be publicly accessible via AFD Premium
    • Admin panel protected by WAF rules (IP restrictions)
    • All Container Apps remain internal (not exposed to internet directly)
    • AFD Premium acts as the only public entry point
    What I verified:
  1. Container Apps are running (verified via Azure CLI)
  2. Private Link connection is Approved
  3. AFD origins have correct Private Link configuration
  4. Custom domains are validated and active

Result:

  • Access via AFD custom domains: "Error 404 - Container App stopped or does not exist"
    • AFD cannot reach Container Apps despite approved Private Link
    Is AFD Premium with Private Link supported for Container Apps with internal ingress? If yes, what configuration is missing?
Komunitní centrum | Není monitorováno

Vaše odpověď

Odpovědi můžou být autorem otázky označeny jako „Přijaté“ a moderátory jako „Doporučené“, což uživatelům pomůže zjistit, že odpověď vyřešila problém autora.