Windows 11 animation lag and stutter when using external monitor with my laptop screen Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 (GU603HM) 2021

Anonymní
2023-04-16T11:34:46+00:00

Hello,

I have been experiencing problem with my laptop windows 11 animations while using an external monitor.

First Id like to post specs of my laptop:

Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 (GU603HM) 2021

  • 3060 dgpu
  • 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H
  • 16gb ram

etc.

The external monitor is BenQ BL 2480 (60hz), the laptop screen has 144hz screen though (is it a problem in this case?)

The problem

By the animations I mean mostly the window maximalisation and minimalisation. When using just the laptop everything works just fine, everything is smooth etc. But whith the monitor connected every animation starts to feel laggy (I tried different monitors, different cables but with the same result). When I plug the monitor to dgpu port some of the problems go away the animations are smoother but when having a window opened on full screen (like a chrome not a game) the animation is smooth until the last second where it bugs out (so far probably the best result but still annoying).

What Ive tried

I tried contacting asus support, I updated Bios drivers, GPU drivers tried different monitors but with no result. I tried buing a thuderbolt display port cable which also didnt solve the problem. To be honest I dont think this might be a hardware issue because the result is the same with monitor plugged in via hdmii port, usb c port or usb c dgpu port. To be honest Its pretty annoying and as a result I most of the time use only the laptop monitor what makes often my work bit harder. I also tried reinstalling the whole windows with no result. I figured out that in this case the performance of the laptop might not play a role (the task manager doesnt show any signs of throttling).

Possible problems

I ve found out that the problem source might be comming from a nvidia optimus or the fact that when dgpu is running it has to push everything through igpu (I have no idea how does it work) and that my laptop doesnt have a mux switch (which would enable switching between dgpu and igpu and not having them connected). The reasoning behind this is when I use the dgpu port animations on both screens are smoother (until the last moment as mentioned earlier). Other idea I have is the different refresh rates of the monitor and integrated screen.

Well thats everything Ive got.

Thank you for any ideas how to fix it :))).

Windows pro domácnosti | Windows 11 | Zobrazení a grafika

Otázka je uzamčená. Tato otázka se migrovala z komunity podpory Microsoftu. Můžete hlasovat, jestli je užitečná, ale nemůžete k ní přidávat komentáře či odpovědi ani ji nemůžete sledovat.

Počet komentářů: 0 Žádné komentáře

Odpovědi: 6

Seřadit podle: Nejužitečnější
  1. Anonymní
    2023-04-16T17:27:27+00:00

    Zkoušel jsem to v duplicate a extend a v obou případech jsou animace sekavé (na integrovaném monitoru, kde je to vidět o dost víc při 144hz)

    Jinak v task manageru nic nelítá v podstatě jenom integrovaná obrazovka funguje při max 40% igpu a max 13% cpu a pak s externím monitorem igpu na max 45% a cpu na max 20% (moc se to neliší podle režimu duplicate a extend). Jinak nic (Nvidia GPU 0%).

    Možná mě ještě napadá, že integrovaná obrazovka má rozlišení 1920 x 1200

    Byla tato odpověď užitečná?

    Počet komentářů: 0 Žádné komentáře