Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.
Before doing anything like a format or clean install, please back up all your personal files to an external drive or cloud storage. Formatting erases everything on the drive, so making sure your data is safe comes first.
Since you mentioned the laptop is lagging, formatting might actually be overkill or might not fix the underlying cause, such as high temperatures or a failing drive. Have you checked Task Manager (press "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" to open it) to see if CPU, Memory, or Disk usage is stuck at 100%?
Have you already tried options like the native "Reinstall now" feature, an in-place upgrade using a Windows 11 ISO, or "Reset this PC"?
Let me know if your files are backed up or if you have tried any of those steps so I can guide you further.
Looking forward to your reply.