Is it safer to wait for BIOS updates on Windows Update to avoid issues

amralaa-8729 695 نقاط السُمعة
2026-07-15T22:22:07.3433333+00:00

I received a notification for a new BIOS update for my Dell G15 5511 laptop. Since I am very concerned about BSODs or system instability, I am hesitant to install it manually.

Is it safer and better to ignore the manual update and wait for it to be delivered automatically via Windows Update? Does Microsoft thoroughly test these BIOS updates to ensure stability before releasing them to us?

I would appreciate your advice. Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | تحديث Windows
0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

الإجابة مقبولة بواسطة كاتب السؤال
EmilyS726 270.5K نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
2026-07-15T22:56:40.2933333+00:00

Where did the notification come from? Is it from Dell's Asisstant app? If so, it is completely fine to go ahead and install.

Before you update , I would like to ask a few questions -

Does your computer come with Windows 11 already preinstalled?

You can type cmd in the search on the taskbar, make sure you use "run as administrator" to launch Command Prompt, then run this command: :

manage-bde -status

And share a screenshot please, I want to see if you need to suspend bitlocker first.

هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

شخص واحد وجد هذه الإجابة مفيدة.
0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

2 من الإجابات الإضافية

فرز حسب: الأكثر فائدة
  1. amralaa-8729 695 نقاط السُمعة
    2026-07-15T23:22:15.9233333+00:00

    To answer your question, yes, my device has genuine Windows 10 Pro installed, and I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro about two years ago.

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟


  2. amralaa-8729 695 نقاط السُمعة
    2026-07-15T23:05:06.5166667+00:00

    Yes, the notification is related to Dell SupportAssist (and I also received it via my registered Dell email).

    However, I am very concerned about potential system instability or Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors that could result from manual BIOS updates. Therefore, I am highly hesitant to install it manually or through the Dell application.

    I strongly prefer to rely completely on Windows Update to handle everything, including critical BIOS updates once they are fully tested and delivered automatically by Microsoft.

    Is it completely safe for me to ignore the email notification and the Dell app, and just wait for the update to show up on Windows Update? Will this approach guarantee better system stability for my laptop?

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟


إجابتك

يمكن وضع علامة على الأجوبة 'كمقبولة' من قبل كاتب السؤال و'مستحسنة' من قبل المشرفين، مما يساعد المستخدمين على معرفة الإجابة التي حلت مشكلة الكاتب.