Is it necessary to change the thermal paste if temperatures drop rapidly after heavy loads? Or is it considered intact and not dry?

amralaa-8729 695 نقاط السُمعة
2026-05-18T20:15:01.0333333+00:00

I have a gaming laptop that I bought four years ago. I haven't opened the laptop or replaced the original thermal paste, but I regularly clean the external vents and keep up to date with the latest updates.

My question is simple:

When I finish a demanding task and the CPU usage drops to 1% or 5%, the temperature returns to normal very quickly, within seconds. Does this rapid temperature drop mean the thermal paste is still intact and hasn't dried out, and therefore doesn't need replacing?

Are there any signs that indicate the thermal paste is intact or dried out?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | الأجهزة وبرامج التشغيل
0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

الإجابة مقبولة بواسطة كاتب السؤال
Alexandr S 106.7K نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
2026-05-18T21:02:14.94+00:00

Hello ,amr alaa

Judging by your description, there is nothing wrong with the thermal paste. When it dries out, the first sign is a high temperature when the PC is not under load.

هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

شخص واحد وجد هذه الإجابة مفيدة.
0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

إجابة واحدة إضافية

فرز حسب: الأكثر فائدة
  1. amralaa-8729 695 نقاط السُمعة
    2026-05-18T22:15:23.2666667+00:00

    Thank you! This is very reassuring. So, as long as my idle temperatures are fine and drop quickly after heavy load, my thermal paste and cooling are 100% safe, right?

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟


إجابتك

يمكن وضع علامة على الأجوبة 'كمقبولة' من قبل كاتب السؤال و'مستحسنة' من قبل المشرفين، مما يساعد المستخدمين على معرفة الإجابة التي حلت مشكلة الكاتب.