Hello ,amr alaa
Judging by your description, there is nothing wrong with the thermal paste. When it dries out, the first sign is a high temperature when the PC is not under load.
لم يعد هذا المتصفح مدعومًا.
بادر بالترقية إلى Microsoft Edge للاستفادة من أحدث الميزات والتحديثات الأمنية والدعم الفني.
I have a gaming laptop that I bought four years ago. I haven't opened the laptop or replaced the original thermal paste, but I regularly clean the external vents and keep up to date with the latest updates.
My question is simple:
When I finish a demanding task and the CPU usage drops to 1% or 5%, the temperature returns to normal very quickly, within seconds. Does this rapid temperature drop mean the thermal paste is still intact and hasn't dried out, and therefore doesn't need replacing?
Are there any signs that indicate the thermal paste is intact or dried out?
Hello ,amr alaa
Judging by your description, there is nothing wrong with the thermal paste. When it dries out, the first sign is a high temperature when the PC is not under load.
Thank you! This is very reassuring. So, as long as my idle temperatures are fine and drop quickly after heavy load, my thermal paste and cooling are 100% safe, right?