My account is stuck as a child account even though I am over 18 and cannot remove family

~ MGS ~ 0 نقاط السُمعة
2025-11-08T12:57:40.0233333+00:00

My account is still treated as a child account, even though I was born on April 12, 2005, which means I am over 18 years old.

Because of this, I cannot find the "Leave Family" option, and I am unable to remove parental consent or manage privacy restrictions.

Steps I have already tried:

  1. I confirmed that my date of birth is correctly set to 12/04/2005.
  2. I visited https://family.microsoft.com and opened Manage permissions / Manage consent, but there is no option to leave the family.
  3. I confirmed that my country/region is set correctly to Egypt.
  4. I logged out and back into the Xbox app and Microsoft account, but nothing changed.

How this affects me:

This prevents me from:

Using Multiplayer features on Xbox

Changing privacy and safety settings

Accessing some features because the system still sees me as a minor

Windows for home | Windows 11 | الأُسرة والأمان عبر الإنترنت
0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

إجابة واحدة

فرز حسب: الأكثر فائدة
  1. Jhun Buala 5,810 نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
    2025-11-08T14:09:58.1566667+00:00

    Hi ~ MGS ~ •

    تابع,

    Good Day. I hope everything's fine. I'm Jhun an independent advisor. Regarding your problem with your child account, Microsoft usually makes it an adult account once it reaches 18 or 21 in some regions. This usually takes up to 24 hours after the birthday. But in your account's case, even your account is already adult by birth, Microsoft still treats it as a child account maybe because it was added to a family group when underage. The Parent or the Family group organizer (the one who made the family group account) only have the authority to remove the account.

    The "Leave family button" will only appear once the parent/organizer removes the child account. To do this

    1. Inform the family organizer
    2. The Organizer must go to Microsoft Family
    3. Find the child account under "Children"
    4. Click more options > Remove from family group
    5. Once removed, the child account becomes a normal adult Microsoft account.

    I hope this helps

    Regards,
    Jhun

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

إجابتك

يمكن وضع علامة على الأجوبة 'كمقبولة' من قبل كاتب السؤال و'مستحسنة' من قبل المشرفين، مما يساعد المستخدمين على معرفة الإجابة التي حلت مشكلة الكاتب.