Request to recover missing OneDrive data after graduation (university account)

ASMA AWADH YOUSEF AWADH 0 نقاط السُمعة
2025-10-09T05:26:59.42+00:00

Hello,

I used a OneDrive for Education account provided by my university with 1TB storage. After graduation, my account was downgraded to 5GB, and I started receiving daily messages since July 20, 2025 about reaching the storage limit.

Unfortunately, I didn’t notice those messages until October 9, 2025, and when I opened my OneDrive, all of my photos and files were missing. The last time I accessed them successfully was around September 8, 2025.

I did not delete the files manually. It seems the system automatically removed them after the storage downgrade. Could you please check if it’s possible to restore a backup or snapshot of my OneDrive before the deletion occurred?

Account details:

Name: Asma Awadh Yousef

University email: University of Bahrain

Last date files were visible: ~September 8, 2025

These photos are very important to me, and I would deeply appreciate your help in recovering them.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Asma Awadh Yousef

Windows للأعمال | Windows 365 Business
0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

إجابة واحدة

فرز حسب: الأكثر فائدة
  1. Domic Vo 34,165 نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
    2025-10-09T05:59:49.1366667+00:00

    Dear Asma Awadh Yousef,🔍 What may have happened

    When a OneDrive for Education account transitions—such as after graduation—the storage quota is reduced from 1TB to 5GB. If the account exceeds the new limit, OneDrive begins restricting access and may eventually remove data if no action is taken over time. While you received notifications starting July 20, 2025, I understand that you only became aware of the issue in October, by which time the files were no longer accessible.

    1. Check the OneDrive Recycle Bin Sign in to OneDrive using your university email. Navigate to the Recycle Bin (bottom-left panel) to see if any files are still recoverable. If available, select the files and click Restore.
    2. Review the “Restore your OneDrive” feature If your account still has access, go to Settings > Restore your OneDrive to roll back to a previous snapshot (e.g., September 8, 2025). This feature is time-sensitive and may only be available for up to 30 days after data loss.
    3. Contact your university’s IT department Since the account was provided by the University of Bahrain, their IT team may retain backups or have administrative access to assist with recovery. We recommend reaching out to them directly with your account details and timeline.
    4. Microsoft Support escalation If the above steps don’t help, we can initiate a formal support request to investigate further. Please confirm whether your university email is still active and accessible so we can proceed securely.

    Let me know how it goes, and if this answer helps, feel free to hit “Accept Answer” so others can benefit too 😊 T&B, Domic.

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

إجابتك

يمكن وضع علامة على الأجوبة 'كمقبولة' من قبل كاتب السؤال و'مستحسنة' من قبل المشرفين، مما يساعد المستخدمين على معرفة الإجابة التي حلت مشكلة الكاتب.