Quick Machine Recovery failed to connect to the network in Windows 11 Pro

amralaa-8729 695 نقاط السُمعة
2025-10-07T20:47:09.02+00:00

ن

Quick Machine Recovery Couldn't Connect to the Network in Windows 11 Pro

Hello, Technical Support Team,

I am having trouble using the Quick Machine Recovery (QMR) feature in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) on my Windows 11 Pro device.

When I try to launch Quick Machine Recovery from the Advanced Startup menu, I get an error message that says "Couldn't connect to the network."

Important Notes:

Internet Connection Works: My Wi-Fi network is working perfectly within Windows, and I can browse the internet without any problems. The issue is limited to the WinRE environment only.

Connection Type: I am using a Wi-Fi connection on my laptop, and I cannot easily use an Ethernet cable.

Steps I tried:

I made sure the network name (

SSID

) and password were entered correctly and case-sensitive.

I performed a Network Reset within Windows and restarted the device.

Request:

I need help getting WinRE to properly recognize my device's Wi-Fi adapter and connect to the network, or clarification of possible solutions to enable Quick Machine Recovery over Wi-Fi to download fixes from the cloud.

Device Details:

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Model (if known): [Enter your device model, e.g., Dell g 15

Wi-Fi adapter model: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201]

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | الإنترنت والاتصال
0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

2 إجابات

فرز حسب: الأكثر فائدة
  1. amralaa-8729 695 نقاط السُمعة
    2025-10-08T00:36:07.89+00:00

    The first solution didn't work. I reset the device after everything, but it didn't work.

    What's the second solution?

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    وجد 2 شخصًا هذه الإجابة مفيدة.
    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

  2. Francisco Montilla 30,725 نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
    2025-10-07T22:57:47.0266667+00:00

    Hello,

    You are seeing that message because WinRE often does not load Wi-Fi drivers. Intel AX201 usually needs the full driver package, which WinRE does not have, so the network step fails even though Wi-Fi works fine inside Windows.

    The quickest way to use Cloud download without Ethernet is to start the reset from within Windows so the image is downloaded before the PC reboots into WinRE. Do this while you are online on Wi-Fi:

    Open Settings > System > Recovery > Reset this PC. Choose Keep my files if you want to preserve user data. Pick Cloud download. Let Windows finish downloading the recovery image first, then it will reboot and apply it without needing Wi-Fi in WinRE. Keep the laptop on AC power and make sure you have enough free space for the download.

    If this still asks for network inside WinRE, tell me and I will give you the next option, which is to add the AX201 driver into WinRE so Wi-Fi works there.

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    شخص واحد وجد هذه الإجابة مفيدة.

إجابتك

يمكن وضع علامة على الأجوبة 'كمقبولة' من قبل كاتب السؤال و'مستحسنة' من قبل المشرفين، مما يساعد المستخدمين على معرفة الإجابة التي حلت مشكلة الكاتب.