Request to Transfer Windows 11 Pro Retail License to New Device

first mido 0 نقاط السُمعة
2025-09-03T16:06:04.2833333+00:00

Subject: Request to Transfer Windows 11 Pro Retail License to New Device

Hello Microsoft Support Team,

I need assistance transferring my Windows 11 Pro Retail digital license from my old Dell PC to my new HP Pavilion laptop. Below are the details:

Old Device (Dell - Source of License):

  • Device Name: DESKTOP-45VUESR
  • Serial Number: 7CQ8JR1
  • License Status: Licensed (before removal)
  • Edition: Windows 11, Professional
  • Description: Windows(R) Operating System, RETAIL channel
  • Partial Product Key: 3V6GT
  • Activation ID: 4de7cb65-cdf4-4de9-8ae8-e3ce27b9fc
  • Note: This device was removed from my Microsoft account by mistake, hoping to transfer the license. I couldn’t extract the full Product Key using CMD commands (wmic or slmgr).

New Device (HP - Target):

  • Device Name: HP-Pavilion
  • Serial Number: 5CD9497F8X
  • Model: HP Pavilion 15-eg1xxx
  • Edition: Windows 11 Pro (installed but not activated)
  • Current Status: Activation troubleshooter shows "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key" (Error code: 0x803fa067 if applicable).
  • slmgr /dlv Output:
    • Name: Windows(R) Operating System, RETAIL channel
    • Description: Windows 11, Professional
    • Partial Product Key: X9K4P
    • License Status: Unlicensed
    • Error Code: 0x803fa067
    • Activation ID: [Insert Activation ID if visible, e.g., 8e3d7c9a-f4b2-4e8c-9a1d-2b3e9c4f8d7e]

Issue Description:

  • I had the Windows 11 Pro Retail license activated on my Dell PC (DESKTOP-45VUESR) using my Microsoft account (******@gmail.com). This was a free Retail license gifted by Microsoft to developers (possibly via MSDN or Dev Essentials).
  • I mistakenly removed the Dell device from my account on account.microsoft.com/devices, thinking it would allow the license to transfer to the new HP device.
  • I installed Windows 11 Pro on the HP Pavilion, signed in with the same Microsoft account, and ran the activation troubleshooter, but it failed because the old device is no longer linked. I tried slmgr /ato on the new device, but it failed with error 0x803fa067.
  • I understand the Retail license is transferable, but I need your help to restore the license link or transfer it manually. I couldn’t retrieve the full Product Key from Dell using CMD.

Request:

  • Please restore the license link to my account or transfer it to the new HP device (Serial: 5CD9497F8X) based on the Partial Key (3V6GT) and account details.
  • I don’t have a purchase receipt since it was a free developer license, but I can provide additional account details if needed.

Account Information:

  • <removed PII>

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,

Mohamed Helmy Al-Nahas

Windows for home | Windows 11 | الترخيص والتنشيط
0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

إجابة واحدة

فرز حسب: الأحدث
  1. EmilyS726 270.5K نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
    2025-09-03T16:41:59.66+00:00

    Hello,

    You have digital license on the old device. With digital license, if you remove the old device from your Microsoft account, then the license can no longer be transfered because the troubleshooter needs to find the source of the license to transfer from.

    In this case, your only option is to contact Microsoft support. No one in the forum here can manually transfer it for you.

    Hello,

    This is a public forum, so for your privacy and security, we can’t help with billing issues here. Also, no one in this forum has access to your account or payment information.

    To get help, open the "Get Help" app on your computer (just search for it in the Start menu). or go to https://support.microsoft.com/contactus, Type "Billing" and press Enter. On the next screen, click "Contact support" at the bottom of the page, then choose "Windows" > "Manage my subscription". You’ll then see the option to chat with a Microsoft support agent who has access to your account to help review the issue.

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

إجابتك

يمكن وضع علامة على الأجوبة 'كمقبولة' من قبل كاتب السؤال و'مستحسنة' من قبل المشرفين، مما يساعد المستخدمين على معرفة الإجابة التي حلت مشكلة الكاتب.