Microsoft Word, words get shuffled when Arabic Language documents are opened

مجهول
2021-02-07T16:56:54+00:00

Hello. This is a portion of the file sent to me in Arabic for reviewing and editing. Whenever I open the file the words get shuffled around. I had all the properties selected correctly. This is the original text.

And this is how it is shown on word.

Microsoft 365 وOffice | Excel | للاستخدام المنزلي | Windows

سؤال مؤمّن. تم ترحيل هذا السؤال من مجتمع دعم Microsoft. يمكنك التصويت على إذا ما كان مفيدًا أم لا، ولكن لا يمكنك إضافة تعليقات أو ردود أو متابعة السؤال.

0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

12 إجابات

فرز حسب: الأحدث
  1. مجهول
    2021-02-23T10:27:18+00:00

    Hello Tina,

    Thanks for helping out, the screenshots you shared are correct maybe you have not tried to edit it. The problem with copying the content is I have 10s of files and also it have formatting in it images, headings etc
    Yes you can move it to arabic category

    Regards

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات
  2. مجهول
    2021-02-23T09:56:11+00:00

    Hi Abdullah,

    Thanks for posting back and sharing.

    I double check the screenshots you shared in original reply, it seems the issue is that although the content is aligned to the right, but the words are displayed from left to right.

    May I confirm if you have followed Doug's suggestion above to set Right to Left direction?

    As you mentioned new documents you create don't have the issue, you may try to copy content from the affected documents to new documents you create and check the result.

    In addition, try to open those documents via Word Online as a workaround.

    This is what the sample document you shared looks like when I open it in Current Channel, Version 2010 (Build 13628.20448) of Word from my side.

    Honestly since I'm not familiar with Arabic language, I cannot identify if the issue happens or not. Really sorry about it.

    To better help you do troubleshooting, would you mind if we help you move this thread to Arabic category? The engineers will be more familiar with Arabic and better assist you further.

    Really sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your understanding.

    Best Regards,

    Tina

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات
  3. مجهول
    2021-02-22T10:26:30+00:00

    Hi Tina. Sorry about that.
    Now I have followed the steps and generated anyone can edit link.
    https://***-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/***/EdFSIePx9wdOldqUyCqSTjsBZYzLxEMt0hKPHB7ZkWGCig?e=UjS4rW

    Regards

    [PII is removed by forum moderator]

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات
  4. مجهول
    2021-02-22T09:34:50+00:00

    Hi Abdullah,

    Thank you for sharing the link. However it seems it's not an anonymous sharing link because it requires to sign in, and I cannot sign in and access the file successfully.

    Could you please share the file again with anonymous link?(you can use the link type Anyone with the link can edit)

    For more details, please refer to this article Share OneDrive files and folders

    Appreciate your time and effort. Have a nice day!

    Best Regards,

    Tina

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات
  5. مجهول
    2021-02-20T10:16:29+00:00

    Thank you Dihao. The link is attached below (with an expiring date)

    Note: It works fine on word online the problem is when I open on the application.

    https://***-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/***/EdFSIePx9wdOldqUyCqSTjsBZYzLxEMt0hKPHB7ZkWGCig?e=8nFAfW

    [PII is removed by forum moderator]

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات