Locked out of Microsoft account with 2FA enabled

ali alamri 0 نقاط السُمعة
2025-07-20T05:19:04.0933333+00:00

Hello,

I am completely locked out of my Microsoft account, which is subscribed to Microsoft 365 Family. Two-step verification (2FA) is enabled, and I no longer have access to the Microsoft Authenticator app.

I still have full access to:

•

“The account's primary email address”

•

“The linked phone number”

•

“The correct password, which I have not changed”

However, when I attempt to sign in:

•

“The system accepts my email and takes me to the password page.”

•

“After entering the correct password, I’m prompted only to use the Microsoft Authenticator app.”

•

“No option appears to verify via SMS or email.”

•

“Once, I received a code via SMS, entered it, and was immediately sent back to the same “approve with app” step — which I cannot complete.”

I tried recovering the Authenticator from iCloud, but it asks for the password and then does nothing.

I’ve already used the official account recovery form (https://account.live.com/acsr), but it immediately tells me:

“This account is protected with two-step verification. We cannot help you recover it through this form.”

To make matters worse, I wasn’t even able to access support using my original account, because the login process is blocked by 2FA. So now I am posting this using a different Microsoft account, since there is no way to contact support otherwise.

The Sign-In Helper tool is also useless — it does not provide a way to bypass 2FA or reset it using email or phone verification, even though I have access to both.

This is extremely frustrating. I can prove ownership of the account in multiple ways and believe it is unreasonable to lock out a legitimate user just because one verification method (the app) is unavailable.

Please escalate this case to a real support team that can help.

I am willing to provide:

•

“Proof of access to email and phone”

•

“Screenshots of active sessions in Microsoft apps”

•

“Billing details and subscription info for Microsoft 365 Family”

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 وOffice | الاشتراك، الحساب، الفوترة | للاستخدام المنزلي | غير ذلك
0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

2 إجابات

فرز حسب: الأكثر فائدة
  1. Darhyl Amizola 50,110 نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
    2025-07-21T03:00:10.68+00:00

    You're most welcome!

    Let's hope for the best and I hope you have a great day, Ali!

    Best regards,

    Darhyl

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

  2. Darhyl Amizola 50,110 نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
    2025-07-20T06:22:41.5266667+00:00

    Hey Ali! Nice to meet you!

    Based on your description, kindly follow the guide to unblock your account through this link:

    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/account-has-been-locked-805e8b0d-4141-29b2-7b65-df6ff6c9ce27

    If the issue persists, I highly recommend you submit a reinstatement form as a last resort:

    https://www.microsoft.com/concern/AccountReinstatement?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0

    (This is not an account recovery webform/ACSR)

    You may receive the results via email within 48 - 72 hours.

    If you haven't received a response to the reinstatement request you have submitted after 72 hours, please check your email inbox, junk, and spam folders in case you receive it there.

    Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

    Best regards,

    Darhyl

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟


إجابتك

يمكن وضع علامة على الأجوبة 'كمقبولة' من قبل كاتب السؤال و'مستحسنة' من قبل المشرفين، مما يساعد المستخدمين على معرفة الإجابة التي حلت مشكلة الكاتب.