driver locked high memory

مجهول
2024-07-21T20:13:15+00:00
  • تلخيص المشكلة.
    driver locked high memory 3gb ram how
  • please help me
Windows for home | Windows 10 | الأجهزة وبرامج التشغيل

سؤال مؤمّن. تم ترحيل هذا السؤال من مجتمع دعم Microsoft. يمكنك التصويت على إذا ما كان مفيدًا أم لا، ولكن لا يمكنك إضافة تعليقات أو ردود أو متابعة السؤال.

0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

10 إجابات

فرز حسب: الأكثر فائدة
  1. Ivan B 124.7K نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
    2024-07-24T12:54:52+00:00

    Hi ,

    This is in the average usage range, which can normally occur as it is a computer using I-GPU (Internal Processor Graphics) which may have been configured in the bios and reduced the use of allocated memory. usually being 512mb.

    Probably in logic between 1 and 2 GB the use of the OS taking 512 to 256 MB shared with internal graphics or some other hardware.

    In case you want to reduce the use of Ram ? more since it is within the usage parameters, in my opinion, reducing more RAM use would be to disable Windows services in addition to reducing shared memory in the bios, I think you may have already done that.

    I'm here whenever you need me. You can count on the Microsoft community.

    Independent Advisor - Community

    Thanks

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات
  2. مجهول
    2024-07-24T11:32:46+00:00

    Hi ,

    The discrepancy between the total memory usage shown by Task Manager and the sum of memory usage by individual processes in PowerShell may be due to several factors that are not directly accounted for in visible processes. Here are some explanations and resources to better understand these differences:

    Operating System: Windows uses a significant amount of memory for the operating system itself and essential services, which may not appear as individual processes.

    Shared and Cache: Memory that is cached and shared between processes may not be completely assigned to individual processes, causing a difference in calculations.

    Reserved: The system reserves memory for hardware and internal operations, which are not accounted for in PowerShell processes.

    Inactive: Windows keeps data in memory that is not actively used, but can be quickly reused when needed

    A logical explanation presented in this TechCommunity post:

    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-...

    RamMap's DriverLocked reports possible memory that is being reserved by hardware or a virtual machine (VMWARE and HyperV).

    Possibly the use of memory reserved for the Internal GPU is generally that.

    Hope this helps.

    If you find the answer helpful, please mark it as an answer.

    Independent Advisor - Community
    Thanks

    I optimize for Windows and it consumes less than 2ram and the rest is consumed by DriverLocked

    Every time I restart my PC, it consumes 2GB, and after a few seconds, DriverLocked consumes 2.5GB.

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات
  3. Ivan B 124.7K نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
    2024-07-24T00:53:57+00:00

    Hi ,

    The discrepancy between the total memory usage shown by Task Manager and the sum of memory usage by individual processes in PowerShell may be due to several factors that are not directly accounted for in visible processes. Here are some explanations and resources to better understand these differences:

    Operating System: Windows uses a significant amount of memory for the operating system itself and essential services, which may not appear as individual processes.

    Shared and Cache: Memory that is cached and shared between processes may not be completely assigned to individual processes, causing a difference in calculations.

    Reserved: The system reserves memory for hardware and internal operations, which are not accounted for in PowerShell processes.

    Inactive: Windows keeps data in memory that is not actively used, but can be quickly reused when needed

    A logical explanation presented in this TechCommunity post:

    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-...

    RamMap's DriverLocked reports possible memory that is being reserved by hardware or a virtual machine (VMWARE and HyperV).

    Possibly the use of memory reserved for the Internal GPU is generally that.

    Hope this helps.

    If you find the answer helpful, please mark it as an answer.

    Independent Advisor - Community

    Thanks

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات
  4. مجهول
    2024-07-23T22:45:51+00:00

    Hi ,

    I am Ivan, I will help you with this.

    Sorry, could you give more details about the problem?

    If possible, post a screenshot about the problem?

    Independent Advisor - Community
    Thanks

    windows 10 has 56% memory usage out of the blue. "driver locked" is the issue. How do I fix?

    I brought my machine out of hibernation today, and it was unrepsonisve and unusable, due to 56% memory usage. I have 8GB ram. Nothing has changed on the machine - no updates (that I know of), now new HW, no installs.

    The task monitor, and memory monitor in the resource monitor show no processes using more memory than they should - in other words do not show the process using the memory.

    task manager:

    The highest memory using process in the process list were consuming very low amounts of ram (e.g. 100MB). The total RAM shown to be used in the process list is less than 2GB. This is why I resorted to rammap, which shows that the 8GB were taken up with the "driver locked" which has no process associated with it.

    please help

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات
  5. Ivan B 124.7K نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
    2024-07-22T02:59:36+00:00

    Hi ,

    I am Ivan, I will help you with this.

    Sorry, could you give more details about the problem?

    If possible, post a screenshot about the problem?

    Independent Advisor - Community

    Thanks

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات