Unable to Upgrade Free Trial Subscription to Pay-As-You-Go – “You are not eligible for upgrade” Error

mohamad hamdan 5 نقاط السُمعة
2025-07-01T11:01:04.0266667+00:00

Hello Azure Community,

I am currently using an Azure Free Trial subscription which has run out of the $200 free credit. I want to upgrade my subscription to Pay-As-You-Go to continue using Azure services.

However, when I try to upgrade, I receive the following error message:

"Subscription upgrade failed. You are not eligible for upgrade of your Azure account. Contact Azure support for further help."

I have also seen the message:

"We can't upgrade your subscription right now. Please try again later."

I have tried multiple times and waited several days, but the issue persists.

My role on the subscription is Owner.

The subscription status is Disabled.

I have a valid payment method ready.

Could anyone please advise how I can successfully upgrade my subscription? Is there any manual process or support contact that can help me resolve this?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards, Mohamad Hamdan

Windows for home | Windows 10 | الحقيقة المختلطة
0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

إجابة واحدة

فرز حسب: الأكثر فائدة
  1. Chen1018 13,875 نقاط السُمعة مشرف مستقل
    2025-07-03T03:52:32.7566667+00:00

    Hi Mohamad

    , I'm here to help I'm Cherrelyn,

    Since your Azure Free Trial subscription is in Disabled state and you're seeing the “Not eligible for upgrade” message.

    Please tried these suggestion:

    -Create a new Pay-As-You-Go subscription using the same Microsoft account via Azure Subscriptions.

    -Add your existing payment method during setup

    -You can then migrate your resources if needed.

    Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn’t offer manual overrides for expired free trials once disabled.

    let me know about my suggestion, I'm here to guide you for further assistance.

    Warm regards,

    Cherrelyn

    هل كانت هذه الإجابة مفيدة؟

    0 تعليقات ليست هناك تعليقات

إجابتك

يمكن وضع علامة على الأجوبة 'كمقبولة' من قبل كاتب السؤال و'مستحسنة' من قبل المشرفين، مما يساعد المستخدمين على معرفة الإجابة التي حلت مشكلة الكاتب.