how to resolve Microsoft store login loop?

Anonymous
2025-06-24T13:30:35+00:00

Stuck in a log in loop - I enter the credentials and it asks for them to be input again. I can successfully log in on other devices so it is specific to my PC. I've tried logging in through the Microsoft store, xbox app as well as online - all of which are unsuccessful.

I have removed any microsoft credentials through the credential manager - that did not work.

I have reset microsoft apps - that did not work.

I have checked for updates/restarted the PC. that did not work.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-24T14:20:23+00:00

    Hi there! This is Marc. Thank you for reaching out to the community.

    Thanks for providing those details. Based on what you've described, here are a few approaches we can try.

    Since you've already tried the common fixes, here are a couple more things to try:

    Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run this command:

    wsreset.exe

    This will clear the Store cache and might help fix the loop.

    Re-register Microsoft Store: Open PowerShell as an administrator and run:

    Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Reset-AppxPackage

    Ensure your PC’s date and time are set correctly. Incorrect settings can sometimes cause login issues.

    Ideally, perform a System File Check (SFC) Open Command Prompt as an administrator. Run the following command to check and repair system files:

    sfc /scannow

    This will scan and fix any corrupted system files that could be causing the issue.

    If all else fails, try creating a new local account and sign in with your Microsoft account there to see if the issue persists.

    Let me know how it goes.

    Best regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments